Saturday, June 28, 2008

I didn't drink the water !

June 27, 2008-(Friday)- Palumpur, India
I woke up in the middle of the night with diarrhea and a horrible sinus headache. In the morning I was not feeling well so I did not go to the school. By the time I was up and around, it was 10:30. Since I didn’t go to the school, and there was not a meeting, the day was pretty relaxed. We played Apples to Apples and Mafia. I started to feel better later in the day, but unfortunately, that was short lived. Around 8pm I began to get the chills and the diarrhea got worse. I was so cold, I needed 4 blankets on top of me and my teeth were still chattering! I called downstairs to get help and Swati (our resident medical student) came to help. I was running a fever and was freezing at the same time. I also had HORRIBLE stomach cramps. Swati called the CSS staff, and Gee too offered to take me to the hospital, but I couldn’t stay out of the bathroom for more than 5 minutes so I said I would go in the morning, hoping I’d be better by then. All night I had excruciating stomach cramps about every 10 min. I felt like I was in Labor, only in a different part of my body. Each time the spasm would end, I would have to run to the bathroom. When I didn’t have cramps or diarrhea, I had chills. It was an awful night.

No comments: