Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Update: Germany 9/14-17/2024

 We have been so busy that it has been difficult to update pictures and blog posts, but I will try to do better for those of you who are following me!

9/12/2024:

Today we drove to a region called the Eifel, which is an agricultural area with many small towns. We hiked up to 2 castles ruins. There was a larger castle called Lowenburg Castle. It was so interesting walking around the ruins of a castle that was built in 1215! On the hike we saw HUGE slugs! They were about 1 inch thick and 4 inches long! The ruins were just up the hill from the tiny town of Monreal where we went into the cathedral. The strange vegetable is called a Kohlrabi and Iris made a wonderful soup with it.

Here are the pictures !


9/14/2024

Iris had to work, so today Michel and I went to a museum that exhibited Germany's history after WWII. I learned so many things I didn't know before. We stopped at the Museum cafe to have a sweet snack!

Pictures: 9/14


9/15/2024

Today we visited Drachenfels Castle ruins. It looked familiar so I checked and Rachael and I went there in 2017!

Later that day we went to Schloss Drachenburg, which was built in the 1900's by a rich german. It looks old, but it isn't!


 Pictures 9/15


9/16-9/17/2024

On Monday, the 16th, I worked several hours. We still had some time to visit Burg Eltz and Cochem Castle in Cochem and have some traditional German Schnitzel!

Pictures 9/17




No comments: