Thursday, July 17, 2008

shopping and such...

July 12, 2008-(Saturday)- Palumpur, India

The trip to Dharmasala was peaceful. Once there it began to rain steadily, but thankfully not a downpour. I bought a rain jacket and didn’t let the weather spoil my mood. I shopped and had tea with many shop owners. I bought many souvenirs and then it began to rain in earnest. I found a coffee shop --- yes, a COFFEE shop, and sat down at a table to get tea and a snack. While I was there I met two women a little older than I, who were also traveling around India and who were teachers! One, Dietraland is from Germany, and Rootie is from Israel. We had fun talking about teaching and traveling. Since I was going to be in Dharmasala again on Monday to be at an opening ceremony for a new school, I set up to have dinner with them on Monday evening. We are to meet at the coffee shop at 7pm and go from there. There were so many beautiful things that I wanted to buy, but I feared how much I would be able to fit into my suitcase. Towards the end of the afternoon, the sun came out and it was pleasant weather. In one shop I met some other Americans and began talking to them. It turned out that they are related to the man who started the school for the disabled children that we are going to see tomorrow! The man’s name is Seth. His parents and parent’s friends were the people in the shop. It was so nice to talk with them. As it was getting close to 5pm, I made my way over to the Hotel Tibet. It wasn’t long before Jo showed up. We had a wonderful dinner and talked and talked. Around 6:30 she had to go and we hugged goodbye. I called the taxi and made my way home. It was a wonderful day.

No comments: