Sunday, June 25, 2017

Alone in Prague-June 21, 2017



This morning Rachael decided she just wanted to stay in and watch Netflix and relax.  I was pretty surprised, but also felt strangely about it.  I hadn’t been out exploring completely on my own before.  I wondered if I could enjoy myself without anyone to talk with.  I took my new understanding of the transit system and headed out to see the City Museum of Prague.  This museum was located in a different part of the city, away from the palace and other historical places.  When I got off the train at the metro station, I asked someone where the museum was, but no one could tell me !  I decided to use the bathroom in a coffee shop (you have to pay to use the toilets here) and I had some coffee and talked with the owner. 


It turned out that I was only across the street from the museum.  I went to the museum and really enjoyed myself.  It was nice to be able to take my time without worrying about Rachael or doing anything for anyone else but me.  This helped me see that traveling alone wouldn’t be so bad.
 In 1870 an artist made a replica of the city of Prague made of CARDBOARD.



This is a water brand in Czech Republic.  It's my maiden name.


After the museum, I went back to the coffee/wine shop, had a glass of wine, talked to some residents and then headed back to have dinner with Rachael.  It was a good day.

No comments: