Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Travel to Paris- June 22, 2017


Our plane didn't leave Prague till 8pm, so we went to the mall to do a little window shopping. 


Time to pack up and leave for Paris !  Just when I figured out the transportation system, it’s time to leave again !  Waiting in the Prague airport, we noticed that McDonald's is a little different here.  Beer and Belgium Waffles !

The flight was fine, but when we got to the airport in Paris, we found out that there was only one more bus leaving from the airport for the night.  It was late and I was tired and irritable.  I tried to figure out how to buy the tickets with the machine, but it was too confusing.  I decided to just call an UBER.  That turned out fine and we got to our flat at about 11pm.  It was right in the middle of the city.  It was LOUD, as loud as NYC at night.  Our host was wonderful and helped us up the stairs with our things.  The flat was clean and tidy, and SMALL.  I guess it’s to be expected, being in the center of a large city, but most of the places we’ve stayed in Europe are small.  Because of the limited area in Europe, houses are built very small (compared to the U.S.) but in several floors.  Most homes are 2-3 floors, some are even 4.  This apartment is all on one floor, but the whole thing is on the 3rd floor.  It was very warm, so we opened the window to cool the room.  Unfortunately, the noise was more than we were used to.  I’m glad I had my earplugs tonight.
Interesting fact:  UBER is illegal in Germany and Spain, but legal in France and Czech Republic !

No comments: